IntelliJ IDEA, regularly referred to as IntelliJ Idea, is a Java built-in building setting (IDE) created through JetBrains. IntelliJ Idea has integrated strengthen for Java, Groovy, Kotlin, and XML/XSL languages. In addition, you’ll set up plugins to strengthen different languages reminiscent of Go, Python, Perl, Erlang, and so forth.
It helps the mixing of construct automation gear reminiscent of Ant, Maven, and Gradle, model controls programs reminiscent of Git and SVN.
Ensure your device meets the beneath necessities for the IntelliJ IDEA set up.
- 2 GB RAM minimal, 8 GB RAM advisable
- 2.5 GB disk area, SSD advisable
- 1024×768 minimal display answer
Install IntelliJ IDEA on Debian 11
IntelliJ IDEA is to be had in two editions, neighborhood and supreme. However, there are few programming languages and applied sciences handiest supported in IntelliJ IDEA’s final version. Therefore, earlier than putting in IntelliJ IDEA, examine the editions, and make a decision which one fits your wishes.
Download the most recent model of IntelliJ IDEA from the legit website online.
In the command line, use the beneath command to obtain IntelliJ IDEA neighborhood version v2021.2.1.
In case you need to put in the IntelliJ IDEA final version, you’ll obtain this bundle.
First, extract the downloaded archive the use of the tar command.
tar -zxvf ideaIC-*.tar.gz sudo mkdir /choose/concept/ sudo chmod 777 /choose/concept/ mv idea-*/* /choose/concept/
Then, run the
concept.sh from the terminal.
cd /choose/concept/bin/ sh concept.sh
You gets an IntelliJ Idea installer window to accomplish the set up.
1. Click the checkbox I verify that I’ve learn and settle for the phrases of this User Agreement after which click on at the Continue button.
2. You can need to Send Anonymous Statistics or Don’t ship nameless statistics.
Before you create a brand new or open a challenge,
3. Click Customize to modify the theme, font, and different settings.
4. Click Plugins to put in the plugins you are going to want on your challenge.
5. You can make a choice to create a new or open or import a challenge from model regulate programs reminiscent of Git, GitHub, Subversion, and so forth.
Assuming that you’re making a Java challenge, you wish to have to set the Java SDK trail in IntelliJ IDEA. To do this, Java >> Project SDK >> Add SDK >> use this trail /choose/concept/jbr.
Click Next and alternatively Next on Create Project from Template >> input Project Name and in the end click on Finish.
The following screenshot displays the IntelliJ IDEA neighborhood version operating on Debian.
Create IntelliJ IDEA Desktop Launcher
Go to IntelliJ IDEA >> Tools >> Create Desktop Entry >> Decide whether or not you means create a desktop access for all customers or now not >> OK.
Launch IntelliJ IDEA
Once you create a desktop launcher, you’ll release IntelliJ IDEA from Activities >> seek for IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition.